DC Road Runners Outstanding Coach 2016 * Run Washington Magazine Best Coach 2017
Kathy Pugh is a Road Runners Club of America Certified Run Coach and Institute of Integrative Nutrition Certified Holistic Health Coach. A sought-after running coach, Kathy has been named DC Road Runners Outstanding Coach 2016 and Run Washington Magazine Best Coach 2017. She has achieved the following during her running career.
- Completed 12 marathons
- Three-time qualifier for the Boston Marathon
- Won her age group in the Death Valley Marathon
- Completed two 50K Ultra Marathons (Monument Valley and Icy 8)
- Assembled and led an all women team to first place in the Ragnar Relay in DC
- Won her age group in the Trimara Holiday Half Marathon in NYC
- Won her age group two years in a row at the Red Rock Twilight Half Marathon in Las Vegas
- 1st place age group Run From an Angel in Las Vegas
- Placed in her age group at multiple 5K and 10K races
- DC Road Runners Outstanding Coach 2016
- Run Washington Magazine Best Coach 2017
An influencer among the active community of runners in Washington, DC, Kathy served as a Board Member and Director of Training of the DC Road Runners Club. Kathy’s expertise and dedication earned her the honor of DC Road Runners Outstanding Coach 2016 and Run Washington Magazine Best Coach 2017. Kathy was a founding Coach of the Capitol Hill Montessori at Logan Chapter of Girls On The Run; serves as a Run Ambassador for both lululemon athletica and Newton Running; is trained as a Natural Form Running Coach with Newton Running and is Board Certified by the American Association of Drugless Practitoners.
Kathy has been featured as a running and fitness expert by The Washington Post, Washingtonian magazine and Runners World magazine.
Thanks to Kathy’s running boot camp and her expert training skills, I completed my first marathon! Kathy trained a small group of us for a destination marathon. She developed a training program suited to our specific levels of experience, and worked out all the logistics of a wonderful trip – from selecting a great race locale with just the kind of course we all wanted, to fun sightseeing activities, and the fabulous hotel, where we soaked in the hot tub post-race. Along with the training, she provided helpful tips on and avoiding injury. It was a great experience, and I look forward to doing it again!Julie S.